21 March 2007

Another Week’s events

Things at the Goethe Institut are going well. We’re spending time learning all the quirky noun-verb and verb-preposition combinations that always give me trouble, so the course is definitely time well spent. There is also a good social group that has developed with some of the French, American, and Norwegian students. We’ve done a lot of the same cultural program stuff together, and we’ve even had some dinners together. I think I’m going to try making Waldorf salad for them if I can find the ingredients and the recipe.

Other than that, the only big event I’ve had since then was my visit to Potsdam and Schloss Sanssoucci. It’s a small palace set in an enormous and gorgeous park. On the inside of the palace I was impressed by the amount of painting and relief sculpture on the walls. As for the town itself, it’s pretty small, but has a nice downtown area with well reconstructed buildings and even a few original city gates.

Yeah, so that’s the update. I’m still looking for a place to live in Freiburg, but from talking to people here it sounds like the norm in searching for apartments is to visit them before making a contract, so I may not really have a choice but to wait and find something when I’m in Freiburg. I’m trying to keep a good attitude and remind myself that the coming of Christ is really what I hope for, not an apartment, that’s just an incidental thing that will come together in God’s timing. Still, I need to keep looking, and in the right places.

1 comment:

TracyandGreg said...

Hi Nate, Glad to see you're still blogging. How do you say blog in German? Love Dad